Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Purpose and Aim

Well first of all, I have to give a warning to my readers, this post is going to sound rather deflated. I know that some people may think that my ‘encore’ should be positive and awe inspiring, but I will say this, my posts has never been about that. Even if some of them are, I assure that was not my aim, it may have been a by-product of a larger motive. My blogs and posts have always dealt with the apparent unnoticed reality. Yea, I think that’s the best way to describe the topic of my blogs, this blog is about the apparent unnoticed reality. It is apparent isnt it? i mean what is reality, people through out the ages have tried to figure out what the hell is real and not, and out of all the millions of people probably a handful of them have figured it out…I’m pretty sure I’ am not any of them. Sorry to disappoint you. Now lets begin.

What is our purpose in life? If this question spontaneously appeared in the mind of a sprinter running to get the Olympics gold medal that sprinter will stop and get a blank look on his face.

I have thought about this and I have to say that our purpose in this life is nothing more or less than the purpose of the sand or of a rock. What is the purpose of sand, or a rock, why do they exist? And why should we think that we have a bigger purpose in this life? Isn’t it a bit egoistic of us?

What are we here for? Do we exist for the sake of existing? I think that’s pretty much it. I think we pretty much exist for the sake of existing, nothing more. I know some people say I aim to be a pilot, or a doctor someday. I wont argue with that statement, aim are man made. But to say that my purpose in this life is to be a doctor or to be a pilot, that’s just ridiculous…although it may sound very inspiring, but seriously…gimme a break okay?

If a chicken say its purpose in this life is to be a doctor, that will sound ridiculous..just as ridiculous as a human being to say that his/her purpose is to be a doctor. The only reason why it doesn’t sound insane for a human being to say so, is because we live in this really fucked up illusion that we are somehow separate from nature, that we are above it all…that GOD MADE US FOR A HIGHER PURPOSE!

Its insane. You may have aim in life, but purpose…you have no purpose. we are already conditioned since we were born that there is a beginning a road and an end, truth is there is not beginning and no end, there is only here and now, and that’s all. Its formless, shapeless, timeless. I have heard people say that those who has no purpose are lost. I say the people who has no purpose are the ones that are more meditative, they don’t have to go anywhere, they don’t care what time it is, they are more able to be in touch with nature. People who has a ‘purpose’ however, are totally not in touch with nature, they are busy, living their life’s ‘purpose’, always running here and there.

What these people don’t realize is that what they call ‘purpose’ is actually desire, they are driven by desire. For those people, I can assure you, if they find out what is the real purpose…boy are they going to be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home