Thursday, June 08, 2006

just be in a grim grim bali

god knows how many posts i have written about my beloved island of Bali (its not mine, but my favourite island to chill)...its almost everytime that when i come back from bali i ended up posting praises about Bali in my blog, the friendly people the cool atmosphere, the sunset the beach, everything...but not this time...no surey.

this time bali was grim, probably because of the sharp delcine in number of tourist due to the political rift and strained relationship between indonesia and oz, more than half of the tourist that visits bali is from oz, an bali's main income is from the tourist business, without the tourist they are dead, we are dead, I, am dead, i went there for business, and due the decline in tourist, my business was dead, it was really bad.

thought i would feel better by chilling in kuta, legian, but that didnt help either, cuz i looked all around me i just couldnt help asking myself, where are the peopleee, there were merry tourist around me, but not as much and as happening as it was before. and all the tourist that was there, talked about how quiet bali has become.

so there i was rather alone, and the best thing that u can do when u are alone is that, u can clear your head, think things through and everything, so thats what i did, i just took a walk, chilled in starbucks, reading my Salman Rushdie book and listened to my ipod, and thats it...

ok thats not it, when i was listening to my ipod, i listen to this track by tiesto called just be, i normally listen to this for the music, but just for this time, i thought, "u know what? Kirsty Hawkshaw really sang well in this single, so lets just hear what she has to say for once" so i heard the song, and my god, i found out that this lady was like singing to me man! i mean this is one song i could identify, if any of you think that vocal trance has got really stupid and crappy lyrics, well, u can exclude this one, and since i love this track so much, iam gonna paste the lyrics here :

You can travel the world
But you can't run away
From the person you are in your heart
You can be who you want to be
Make us believe in you
Keep all your light in the dark
If you're searchin for truth
You must look in the mirror
And make sense of what you can see
Just be
Just be
They say learning to love yourself
Is the first step
That you take when you want to be real
Flying on planes to exotic locations
Won't teach you
How you really feel
Face up to the fact
That you are who you are
Nothing can change that belief
Just be
Just be
'cause now I know
It's not so far
To where I go
The hardest part
Is inside me
I needTo just be
Just be
Just be
Just be
Just be
I was lost
And I'm still lost
But I feel so much better
'cause now I know
It's not so far
To where I go
The hardest part
Is inside me
I need
To just be
Just be
..and that is just what iam doing all these days....just be.
PS :Salman Rushdie Kicks ass, read his books, its gonna knock u off your chappals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home